I've been tagged for the "Random Things About Me" meme, so I decided to make it into a Thursday Thirteen list.
- Like all Sphynx, I am a real "cuddle bug" - I love cuddling! I am happiest when I'm curled up in one of my humans' laps.
- I am very active and love playing. My favourite toys are all interactive ones - the Whirlybird, other wand toys like the Cat Charmer, the Red Dot (laser pointer), and various "fishing gloves."
- I am very smart, and I know that the red dot comes out of the mouse-shaped laser pointer. When I want to play with the red dot, I jump up on my mom's desk, where the laser pointer is, and knock it off the desk. That way my humans know I want to chase the red dot.
- If I want to play with something else, I meow and meow and meow. I have a very loud and insistent meow. My mom says that it is clear that I have some Siamese blood in me, because I meow like a Meezer (my dam was a blue point Sphynx and all pointed Sphynx have Siamese somewhere in their ancestry - that's how they got the pointed colours into the Sphynx breed).
- I play "fetch" with the clear plastic bottle tops off of Powerade bottles. After playing hockey with one of them, I will then pick it up in my mouth and bring it back to my mom, so she can throw it for me and I can play hockey with it again.
- In the litterbox, I'm a real digger. I dig, and dig, and dig, and dig. So my litter crystals tend to fly everywhere, even though I have a covered litterbox.
- (Warning: May be TMI!) Although I normally cover, during my recent tummy troubles, I didn't always cover my business in the litterbox. *blush* Making stinkies was uncomfortable, so I wanted to get out of the litterbox as fast as possible!
- (Warning: May be TMI!) During my tummy troubles, I also almost always had poo stuck to my bum after my litterbox trips. So I ended up leaving a lot of poo marks on various blankets, sheets, fleece throws, and other items around the house. So my humans were doing a lot of laundry! They would try to catch me whenever I came out of the litterbox, and wipe my bum, but of course they weren't always home when I used the litterbox. I did not like having my bum wiped.
- My tummy troubles seem to be over! Wild (vishus deer, ie. venison, and green pea) food seems to be doing the trick for me! My stinkies are back to normal! I've been eating only the Wild stinky goodness, since it has fewer ingredients, so now we are going to try adding in some of the Wild crunchies, and see if my tummy can handle those too.
- Because of my food allergies, I haven't had any treats since my tummy troubles began! My mom is now searching for some yummy treats that she can give me. I need to be properly rewarded after my weekly ear-cleanings and twice-weekly nail clippings, after all.
- I need to have my claws, front and back, trimmed twice a week because they grow fast. They grow so fast due to my fast Sphynx metabolism.
- When my claws start to get to long, I end up injuring myself. When I scratch, if I scratch too hard, my claws leave a boo-boo on my skin, since I don't have any fur to protect it. These scrapes always upset my mom for some reason.
- I wake my dad up in the morning for head rubs and breakfast by gently tapping him on the face with my paw.