Teacher Julie tagged our humans to do the "7 Random Things About Your Pets" meme. So we are letting our humans borrow our blog for today to talk about us! We've also turned it into a Thursday 13 (+1) since there are two of us.
#54 - Random Things About Dragonheart and Merlin
- Dragonheart is a very good big brother. As shown yesterday, he lets Merlin walk on top on him and even lie on top of him when they are cuddled together in a lap.
- Dragonheart LOVES cleaning Merlin's ears. He grooms the rest of Merlin as well, but he is particularly interested in his ears.
- Dragonheart is a very good boy. He lets us bathe him, clip his nails, and clean his ears without too much fuss. He's also good at the vet, where he sits calmly and doesn't try to escape.
- Dragonheart loves to get up high. He loves to try to climb up to the highest point in the room. He also frequently tries to jump up onto our backs or shoulders. He seems to be teaching Merlin this trick as well.
- Dragonheart doesn't like being carried. He loves cuddling, but doesn't like being picked up and carried around in our arms.
- Dragonheart kneads us only in very specific circumstances. He needs to be comfortable in a lap and we need to be petting him through a fleece blanket.
- Dragonheart shares well. If Merlin tries to sneak over and get some of Dragonheart's food while he's eating, Dragonheart has no problem with Merlin sharing the same plate and eating some of his food.
- Merlin is a troublemaker! He definitely gets into more things than Dragonheart did at Merlin's age.
- Merlin likes to "fish" in the garbage for "toys" to play with, despite the fact that he has more cat toys than he could possibly ever want (many of them are put away in a box, and we put some away and bring out "new" ones that were in the box every now and then, to give them some variety.) He also tries to get the toilet paper out of the package in the bathroom. He seems to get into everything!
- Merlin LOVES to purr. We call him "Purr Monster" or "Purr Meister" because he purrs so easily. At the lightest touch, he will start purring. Sometimes he will even start to purr if you just get close to him. We figure his purr is a way of "making up" for getting into trouble. It's hard to stay upset at him when he is purring away for you.
- Merlin is VERY squirmy. Much more so than Dragonheart was at his age. He does not like having his ears cleaned or his nails trimmed, and he does not enjoy being bathed. He is always wiggling and squirming to try to get away from you when you are doing one of those things. He has managed to scratch us when we are trying to clean his ears or trim his nails (we wrap him in a blanket or towel, but he still manages to get a paw or two free to scratch - that's how much he moves and squirms!)
- Merlin loves yogourt. When one of us is eating yogourt, he tries to stick his head into the container to eat some. We let him lick the yogourt lids, and we share some of the yogourt on a spoon for him.
- In contrast to Dragonheart, Merlin doesn't mind being carried. He'll happily purr in our arms and let us carry him around, unless he senses he's being taken to have a bath or unless we're picking him up to move him away from Dragonheart's food and back to his own food bowl.
- Merlin is teething, so he is chewing on absolutely everything! We've sprayed bitter apple on all of the exposed cords in the house so he doesn't destroy them or hurt himself. He has several kitten teething/chewing toys, but he also loves to chew cardboard. We have a couple of cardboard boxes in the family room and in the spare room (cat room) for the boys to play with, and Merlin also loves chewing them.