13 Naughty Things that Merlin Does
- Attacks the pictures hung on the wall and tries to knock them down.
- Attacks the list of emergency phone numbers posted on the wall next to the phone. Chews it up and tries to tear it down. (See photo to the right) Attacks other papers and the telephone book in the corner by the phone.
- Jumps on the table when our dad is eating and tries to eat the food off his plate. When told to "get down" and put back on the floor, immediately jumps back up and tries to get the food again.
- Comes running at warp speed across the room, jumps on our dad and head butts him. When our dad is busy and trying to work on the computer, runs up to him and head butts him, rubbing his face all over our dad's face. The minute our dad puts the laptop down and tries to play with Merlin, Merlin runs away, uninterested.
- Jumps up on the table and attacks any papers or other items on it, whapping pens onto the floor and then using them as toys.
- Chews and claws at any cardboard in the house, destroying it, including cardboard boxes used for storage. (See photo to the right)
- Walks and jumps all over our dad's laptop keyboard, causing programs to do strange things and leaving our dad frustrated as he tries to figure out just what Merlin did.
- Constantly tries to jump up on the dressers in the bedroom, attacking any objects on the dresser or whapping them onto the floor.
- Squirms and tries to escape from his "kitty burrito" when his ears are cleaned, his claws are clipped, or he's being bathed (obviously, he can't be held in a burrito while being bathed, but he is restrained, and he constantly tries to escape)
- Attacks the headphones attached to the treadmill, pulling them down and tangling them up. He also tries to jump onto the treadmill while one of our humans is running on it!
- Totally destroys and shreds any paper towel left out in the open.
- Gets into the garbage. Knocks the garbage can over or fishes "toys" out of the garbage, playing with the trash and strewing garbage everywhere.
- Jumps onto the drying racks that clothes are drying on, or knocks the drying racks over, putting all the clothes onto the floor.