Dragonheart here again.
Thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and words yesterday. Here I am hanging out on the router after I returned home from the vet. My mom had to work on her research, and the router is right next to the computer, so this allowed me to be close to her.
So the good news is that because the mass in my mouth is benign (non-cancerous), there is no rush to take it out, and the only reason we need to take it out is that it seems to bother me - I seem to be chewing on it, which causes pain and bleeding.
Gum hyperplasia like this normally doesn't recur in cats, but my regular primary care vet has now removed it twice, and it has come back. So we don't know exactly why or what's going on.
The specialist basically suggested two options: 1. do a CT scan, to see if that can tell us anything about what's going on that they can't see on x-rays. 2. watch and wait, and see what happens - if the mass goes back to causing me pain, or if it causes me to stop eating or drinking, or if my behaviour changes in any other way.
Since my mom is finishing up her grad degree, and both my mom and dad are getting the house ready to be put on the market, and then we are all going in to a hotel for a while, and then we are moving, we are opting for 2 right now - watch and wait. Once our move is completed, and we have settled in and recovered from the stress, we will get the CT scan done. The timing just isn't very good right now for anything else, given that this isn't an emergency. If it was something that needed to be taken care of right away (i.e. if the mass was cancerous), then we would take immediate action. But since it isn't (and it's been biopsied twice, with both biopsies coming back as benign), the vet thinks we are find just watching and waiting.
So that's where things stand. Not ideal, but hopefully the mass won't bother me too much in the next little while. We are also still waiting for word on the results of Devi's skin biopsy. She's now eating the hypoallergenic food, so that's good, but no real change in her skin yet. But we haven't completely transitioned to the new food yet, so that's certainly a factor.
Thanks again everyone. We will be back to visiting and posting more once all this craziness is over!
We are so pleased for you that your mouth lump isn't cancerous and we can wait for a while before looking further.
We so think #2 is the best plan and we hope that it will not bother you at all. If it does, would removing your teefs be an option ? Not pleasant, we know but maybe better than tube feeding. Whatever happens we know you have the best advice nearby and your Mom and Dad are looking out for you - and the others and will do what is best. Continued purrs and paws crossed for you. And we are very happy to send medicinal valerian to you!
Essa é uma boa notícia, espero que os exames de Devi também tragam boas notícias.
Tenham um ótimo final de semana!
Cafunés para os peludos.
Glad it is not cancer, just take it easy and try not to chew on it.
dood.....N joy warmin yur buttz on de router :) ~~~~~~ N we R veree glad
de nastee iz knot a "C" one....we noe stuffz crazed round yur houz rite now
sew we send best fishes two everee one...... N purrhapz yur mom can get ewe
a "pet stages" chew toy....we dunno if it wood help ya knot chew on that lump
ore make it werse...purr hapz her could chex with yur vet ??
heerz two a sand knifefish kinda week oh end two all !! ☺☺☺ ♥♥♥
sending (((hugs))) and I agree, I would do number 2 as well with everything else you have going on! Hang in there! catchatwithcarenandcody
That's a lovely shot of you, Dragonheart!
We're glad the tumour isn't too nasty but it sounds unpleasantly persistent and annoying!
I am glad it isn't cancerous. I am praying for all of you, I am sorry that you all have some medical issue. And good luck to you all with the move, that is stressful.
No cancer is good but you know the law of averages so I hope it doesn't start bothering you just as you're doing one of your moves or something. Sending healing purrz and good karma that that doesn't happen.
Dragonheart, you have impressive frootbats. We're purring that your mouth problem doesn't get any worse.
I am glad your mouth mass isn't cancerous, but sorry it bothers you and you chew on it. We agree that #2 seems to be the best option right now.
You are sure looking mighty fine! We hope that thing doesn't bother you and you know your Mom and Dad will watch you closely.
We are rooting for yoo.
Poor baby! You guys are certainly going through the wringer right now! We'll be praying for you that everything goes well. Transitions are tough but with love and support, you can make it through fine!
The good news is it's benign!
We will purr it gives you no trouble until things settle down and you can explore Option 1!
That's great news! It sounds like your house is going to be busy, busy, busy!
Post a Comment