#48 - 13 Things About Christmas This Year
- First, and most exciting, my humans go to pick up my new little brother on Saturday, so he will be here in time for Christmas!
- Hopefully the introductions will go well, and all four of us - me, my new little brother, and my human mom and dad - can all be together on Christmas Day.
- This will be my second Christmas. I celebrated my first Christmas last year, a month after my Gotcha Day.
- We only have a tiny artificial Christmas tree. Back in Canada, the tree my humans have has pre-installed lights, and so you need to plug it in. European and North American electrical systems are different, so they can't use their Canadian tree here. Since they are only in Munich for three years, they decided to just get a small tree to use for the three Christmases that they'll have in Munich. Besides, since I was a little kitten last Christmas, they figured a small tree would be safer too.
- My humans have always had an artificial tree, because my mom's sister has asthma and is very allergic to real evergreen trees. If she spends too much time in a house that has a real tree, she has real difficulty breathing. One Christmas Eve, when she and my mom were growing up, she had spent a lot of time in a house with a real tree, and she had to be rushed to the Emergency Room because she couldn't breathe!
- I like to help my humans wrap the presents. The ribbon in particular is a lot of fun to play with!
- Opening presents is a lot of fun too. I like to play with the paper, the ribbons and the bows, as well as the new toys, of course!
- There are already some Christmas presents under the tree for my little brother and I. But there are also some hidden someplace in the house.
- This year I had my very own Advent Calendar! Every day, from December 1st until Christmas, I receive a little package of treats or a toy out of the calendar.
- I hope to receive some new toys, especially some wand toys, and hopefully some treats as well.
- My Secret Paws package arrived, and it is sitting under the tree! I will open it before Christmas, but my mom said I had to wait until my little brother is here before opening it. I guess that means I'll have to share.
- Starting Friday afternoon, my human dad has two weeks of vacation. This means that both of my humans will be home for two weeks (except when they go out running, or shopping) while my little brother gets used to our place and all of us! So both my human mom and dad will be here to make sure we are introduced properly and that we both receive lots of attention.
- Christmas is a wonderful time because I get to spend lots of time with both of my humans. I would like to wish all of my friends and their families who celebrate Christmas, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Frohe Weihnachten! Joyeux Noël!