Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Cats on Tuesday: My First Five Days

Cats on Tuesday I was tagged for the "First Five Days in Your Forever Home" meme. This shouldn't be too difficult, since I started blogging when I first joined my humans in my Forever Home.

Day 1

The day started with a bath, and with having my nails clipped. A few hours later, two humans that I didn't know came to visit, and my breeder scooped me up, and handed me to the female human. She seemed nice enough, petting me, but I didn't know her, and so I was shaking. My older sister Flappy seemed to like these new humans, and was purring away and wandering all over them.

The humans talked with my breeder, and she provided them with some paperwork, and some cat food (yum!), some litter and some toys. Pretty soon I was put into a carrier with my familiar sleeping bag. There was also a fleece blanket in the carrier, but my sleeping bag was familiar, so I curled up in it.

I was brought to a car, when the female human kept me on her lap in the cage. I quickly fell asleep in my sleeping bag. I slept through most of the drive.

Eventually, we stopped, and my carrier was picked up and brought into a house. I was put into a room (which was my Nursery, or cat room), and my carrier door was opened. I meowed, since everything seemed strange, and I ran around the room, looking for my older sister Flappy, and the other cats. I couldn't find them.

The female human then picked me up, and put me in a litter box. It was different from the one I was used to, but had the same litter. So I knew it was a litter box. Then she showed me my water dish and food dish. Again, a little different, but the water was okay, and the food is what I've always eaten.

The humans had a nice cat tree, and they had a fuzzy fleece blanket on one of the platforms, so I hung out there for a while. Eventually I felt brave enough to play with the humans, chasing a feather on a string, and I then let them pet me. Later that evening, we all slept in the same room. I curled up next to the human female for a short time, and then went to sleep on the cat tree.

I made this blog post about my first day.

Day 2


I was still confined to the Nursery. I thoroughly explored this room. I really like the cat tree, which is similar to the ones my breeder had in her place. The two humans have a peacock feather on a string that was lots of fun to play with. I also had fun playing with the wand toy that consists of a ball and bell on the end of a long ribbon.

Every now and then, I would curl up in the female human's lap for a bit,and let her pet me. Then I would be off exploring the room again. I found a very cool cat tent that I checked out. The human female went out for several hours, but the human male stayed with me.

My mom wrote about this day on her blog.

Day 3

This was a very exciting day.! I was allowed to explore the rest of the house! Up until now, I had been confined to the Cat Nursery, so that I wouldn't be overwhelmed. Today I was allowed to explore the entire house. The human male was gone for a large portion of the day, but the human female kept me company for most of the day. She disappeared for about an hour and a half, and I was a little worried about being left alone, but she came back. She did lock me up in the Cat Nursery while she was gone.

When I explored the house, it turned out that the Cat Nursery was the largest room upstairs, but there were two other rooms to explore. One had a big bed that was comfy to jump on. The other room had this strange-looking machine (my humans say it's a Bowflex). There was one other room upstairs that I wasn't allowed into at that time. It turned out to be the bathroom.

I made my way down the stairs, all by myself, and found another HUGE room down there, with big windows that are wonderful to sit at. I found a very slippery couch - it was hard to jump up onto, since I can't dig my claws into it. My humans said it was made of leather. There was another couch that wass much easier to jump onto. There was also a cat tree in this big room for me. I also found a table that my humans eat at. They wouldn't let me jump on the table and eat with them at supper time.

There were an additional two rooms downstairs that I wasn't allowed into at the time. The doors were kept closed.

That evening, all of us (me and the two humans) slept in the Cat Nursery again.

Here is the post I made about my third day.

Day 4



Once again, I was allowed the run of the house (except for the few doors that remained closed). Once again, the human male was gone for most of the day, but the human female kept me company. Again, she was gone for a short while during the day (it turned out that she was going out to run when she left me) and I was locked in the Cat Nursery whenever she went out.

When my mom was home, I decided to try to help her study. For some reason, she didn't appreciate my help! Silly human.

On the evening of the fourth day, I was allowed to sleep with my humans in their big bed! My human dad blocked off the stairway so that I couldn't venture downstairs during the night, and they kept the doors to the Cat Nursery and their bedroom open, so I could get at my water, food and litterbox whenever I wanted to. I spent most of the night curled up between my two humans, under the covers.

I made this post on my fourth day. My mom made this post of me playing with my toys.

Day 5

DragonheartOn the fifth day, I participated in my first Thursday Thirteen! My mom also did a Thursday Thirteen, featuring photos of me!

Once again, I was allowed the run of (most of the) house during the day, and I spent a lot of the day either curled up in my mom's lap, curled up in my sleeping bag in my tent, or hanging out on my cat tree.

I had lots of fun playing with my toys, especially the toys with feathers on them, and the various wand toys. I was getting used to the routine around this place. I was fed stinky goodness three times a day: morning, noon and night. I had water and crunchies available all the time. My mom would head out for an hour or two in the middle of the day (to go for a run) and I would curl up in my sleeping bag and have a nap while she was out running. My dad was gone during most of the day, but he always came home in the late afternoon.

At night, I again slept in the humans' bed, between the two of them and under the covers.

I was really settling into my new home and enjoying living with these two humans.

Cats on Tuesday To join in with Cats on Tuesday, check out My Cats and Funny Stories.


Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That was very interesting. You have a whole room of your own??? We have to share with the Beans. we are glad you settled in so quickly and so well.

Gattina said...

As I know you from the very beginning, it was a nice resumé ! I couldn't do that yet because today will be n° 1 for little Rosel. This morning I bought baby food and everything is ready. The poor thing is only 6 weeks old, but I prefer to take her out now, she is with 9 other kittens + 2 mums and the young couple I guess has not a lot of money to feed all these cats with good quality. I also bought milk powder for cat mother milk substitute so I hope she will develop nicely.

Puss-in-Boots said...

That's very interesting, Dragonheart. Your mom and dad obviously think you are very special.

snowforest said...

Great first few days. Your beans surely took good care of you and oriented you nicely to ur new surroundings :)

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Wow, that was really neat to learn about your 1st 5 days in your furever home. I'm glad you were happy right from the beginning!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We sure did enjoy seeing the pictures of Baby You! So cute! Your humans love you very much :)

Ali & Fiona said...

You were are such a cute kitty, at least you aren't bent on making your parents crazy like Fiona is, *Flashes Fiona a dirty look*.

Anonymous said...

What a nice story for us! I think it is so sad when a new baby comes home and misses their brother and sisters but it doesn't seem to take long for you guys to take over the run of the house!


Wow Dragonheart this was very interesting! Thanks for sharing.


Forty Paws said...

That was a very nice way to introduce you to your new forever home DH! Your beans did good.

Luf, Us

The Meezers or Billy said...

Dragonheart you hadded a great ferst five days!!

LZ said...

It is so great you started your blog right from the start! I can't believe how grown up you are. I feel like I know you so well because I "see" you almost every day so I've watched you grow up. You sound like you had a great start in your new home!


Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Gee Dragonheart, yoo gots a nice life. Oh wate, so do we. Gess we'z all furry lucky wif our beans.

sammawow said...

That was lovely to read about your first five days, and it was fun to go back and re-read when you first started your blog. We can tell your mom and dad love you very much!

Purrrs, China Cat & Willow

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Dragonheart, you are soo gosh golly cute. we are so happy to have you as a friend!

~Caesar and Prin

Celeste said...

You have nice humans!

The Cat Realm said...

Oh Dragonheart, oh Dragonheart - those baby pictures of you are just just just - I find no words, so cute they are!
You seem to have a nice home and your first days seemed to go pretty well!
And how smart you were to start blogging right away!
You are such a character!

Anonymous said...

What a great first few days, Dragonheart.

Daisy said...

It was fun to look back because that was before I started blogging, so I got to catch up on what I missed about your very early life! You are very lucky to get to start blogging right away.

Dorothy said...

I love the idea of your cat nursery. Grethen was so little she slept on my shoulder and I carried her around a lot during the day.

Ann M & the Kitties said...

Wow, Dragonheart, you are lucky to have such a detailed account of your first five days. Very smart of your Mom & Dad.

FelineFrisky said...

What a wonderful journey you've had, DH! I am so glad that you settled right into your new life and are sharing all of it with us. D :)

Samantha & Mom said...

Dragonheart, I didn't know you blogged from such an early age. That's so nice that you have all the pictures and blog posts. Your Mom and Dad love you very much, we can tell. What a wonderful 1st 5 Days in your Furrever home. You are very special to us, too.
Samantha, Tigger and Mom

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your humans gave you a nice start in your new home. You were a very cute kitten!

Anonymous said...

I am well today, Dragonheart! I should know for sure this week if you are going to be an Uncle!!!

How are you?

Willow said...

Hi Dragonheart - thanks for letting me know about my typo at the Cat Blogosphere linky. I just went over and fixed it - I think I was still so blissful that I missed a letter in the link!

Anyway, nice to see you again!
Purrrrrs, Willow

Anonymous said...

You had a nice start with your humans!
I remember that I picked them the day they came to the cat asylum. There were two other cats and my humans seemed especially interessted in that nice but shy little female kitten. Praise the big violet cat god, this little kitten was not interessted in them. So I started my 'show': I walked and jumped around in the room. Always watching the female human. I knew by instinct that she was the important person for my lot. I played a lot with the poor little toy mouse at the scratch tree. I hit the poor black and blind cat sitting in the middle of the room to go out of my way. I let the two humans pet me. I ate a lot. I played and I always kept my eyes on the female human.
In the end they decided that I could move in with them! The next day the woman from the cat asylum brought me to my new humans place. I loved it imediately! My female human walked around with me in the whole appartment. She showed me how the toilet worked. I never had one with a door in front of the sand. The first weeks I was not allowed in the bedroom and on the balkony. But that changed soon.

kuanyin333 said...

You are the best note-taker in the world, or else you have an incredible memory! I'm impressed!

The Crew said...

Oh, look how little you were! But handsome & manly, even back then.

The Crew

Leona said...

Isn't it wonderful to find such a great forever home?

HRH Yao-Lin said...

dragonheart - that is so cool that you started blogging straight away! i am impressed with your record of your first five days! Pictures and everything!! How cool. xx

Paula said...

What a cute kitty.
That is an amazing story, your humans really love you.

MaoMao said...

How fun to read about your first five days! Sounds like your mom and dad were great about gettin' you used to your new home. And what a great lookin' li'l kitten you were!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Suzanne R said...

Wow, we were actually able to get access to your comment page, Drangonheart! It is obvious that you have always been a special cat and we can see why you are so precious to your humans.


Anonymous said...

great story, thanx for sharing!

Tara said...

Very interesting Dragonheart. I really enjoyed learing about your first five days.


Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Dragonheart, thanks for posting your first five days meme. We really enjoyed reading about your early days with your humans. And, we loved the pix of you as a kitten.
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Lux said...

It sounds like you had a *great first five days! I think it's because you have great beans!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer dragonheart,
can u believe dere wuz a time wen u diden't know anythin abowt yer mom an dad!?
luv--yer frend--jh

DK & The Fluffies said...

My goodness look how cute and tiny you were!

lordjaders said...

Dearrr Dragonheart,

You are fascinating to look at. What a grrreat beginning. I am an indoorrr/outdoorrr gurrrl. If you went outside would you need to wearrr sunscreen like those little hairrrless woofies? By the way, thank you forrr visiting me at my new bloggie. My bean is trrrying to keep up with everrryone--we arrre new to all of this, but its verrry fun and exciting.

Zoey and the furballs said...

It so nice that your life has been memorialized so well.

Luna und Luzie said...

Wow, what a adventure. You are a very brave cat, Dragonheart.I think it was nice there.
Luna must also go to a nursery (Katzenpension) in a few weeks. She must stay there for 10 days
but there are many cats in one big room.

Karen Jo said...

It was really great to read about your first five days, Dragonheart. Your people have taken really good care of you right from the start. I'm glad that you acclimated to the changes so quickly.

Unknown said...

His life is very interesting my friend! My mom loves his pics!
We will move a new home.

●๋: ●๋:
´´´´´●๋: ●๋:
´●๋: ●๋: Luna Spain ●๋: ●๋:
´´´´´ ●๋: ●๋:
´●๋: ´●๋: ´●๋: ´●๋:

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

So nice for your mommy and daddy to let you sleep with them on their comfy bed. I let the Spice Cats sleep with me too, but they always wanna go out of the room.

Mr. Hendrix said...

It has been so fun watching you grow up! I can't believe how much you've grown since those early photos. You have always been so cute, but regal at the same time.
I'm glad you have lotsa fun toys, your tent and warm mommy and daddy to snuggle with. I can't believe you'll be one soon!