Have my humans ever visited The Netherlands?
- My dad has been there several times with work, and he's seen some of the Canadian War Graves and Second World War sites there. My mom hasn't been there yet.
- Oh yes! I can't wait to have someone to play with, wrestle with, cuddle with, and teach! I love playing and cuddling with my humans, but we Sphynx are very social cats and we love having others to interact with.
- Yes they will! As I've mentioned, he's a Seal Point Sphynx, which means his colouration is that of a Seal Point Siamese. So he will have blue eyes, just like Siamese do.
- Sphynx are naturally "frootbats" - we have big ears. :) However, just like I did, he will grow into his ears somewhat, but he will still have large ears. The CFA Sphynx breed standard says: "EARS: large to very large. Broad at the base, open and upright."
- He's about 8 weeks old
- Not yet. His breeder will give him his registered name, and once we know what it is, we'll see if it we want to use it as his daily use name as well. My registered name is HairNSkin Dragonheart, and before they got me, my humans wondered what they would call me that was shorter, but when I came to live with them, they found that Dragonheart suited me just fine! So it may be the same with my little brother. If not, we're thinking we'll either choose a name that "matches" mine theme-wise, like Merlin, or something Egyptian, like Ramses. But we'll see. I'm sure he'll let us know his name when he gets here.
- Right now, my humans are hoping to pick him up on December 22nd, if that date works out with the breeder. My dad will have two weeks off, starting then, so both my humans will be home to make sure we both get lots of attention and are properly introduced.
- No, my mom only does digital scrapbooking. Paper requires too much "stuff" and is very expensive! Digital is so versatile, and much less expensive. My mom also worked for many years as a web designer and web projects manager, so she has "played around" a lot with graphics software and she loves doing it.
- I have a couple of sweaters, but they are from last year, so I've outgrown them. They should fit my little brother this winter. Honestly, though, I don't really need them. My fast Sphynx metabolism helps to keep me warm, and, if I'm a little cold, I will burrow under the covers, or find a nice warm lap to curl up in. The rule of thumb is this: if a human is comfortable going around without a sweater on, then a Sphynx will be fine. If a human needs a sweater to be warm, a Sphynx probably will too, or will want a warm lap or other warm spot to curl up in.
- This is an interesting story. One of my mom's friends was marrying one of my dad's cousins. My dad had just come back from a peacekeeping mission in Bosnia, and was on his way to Kingston, Ontario, for a four-month military course. Kingston is about 2 hours from where the wedding was taking place (Wakefield, Quebec), and the wedding was the weekend before his course was due to start, so he was going to be in the area anyhow. My mom was living and working in Ottawa at the time, and Wakefield is not far from Ottawa (about a half hour drive). So my humans met at the wedding, and really enjoyed talking with each other and dancing at the wedding. At the end of the night, my dad was smart enough to ask my mom for her phone number! The next four months, while my dad was on course in Kingston, they saw each other every other weekend, or so, since Ottawa is only about a 1.5 hour drive from Kingston. They very quickly fell in love, and the rest, as they say, is history!