Teacher Julie tagged our humans to do the "7 Random Things About Your Pets" meme. So we are letting our humans borrow our blog for today to talk about us! We've also turned it into a Thursday 13 (+1) since there are two of us.
#54 - Random Things About Dragonheart and Merlin
- Dragonheart is a very good big brother. As shown yesterday, he lets Merlin walk on top on him and even lie on top of him when they are cuddled together in a lap.
- Dragonheart LOVES cleaning Merlin's ears. He grooms the rest of Merlin as well, but he is particularly interested in his ears.
- Dragonheart is a very good boy. He lets us bathe him, clip his nails, and clean his ears without too much fuss. He's also good at the vet, where he sits calmly and doesn't try to escape.
- Dragonheart loves to get up high. He loves to try to climb up to the highest point in the room. He also frequently tries to jump up onto our backs or shoulders. He seems to be teaching Merlin this trick as well.
- Dragonheart doesn't like being carried. He loves cuddling, but doesn't like being picked up and carried around in our arms.
- Dragonheart kneads us only in very specific circumstances. He needs to be comfortable in a lap and we need to be petting him through a fleece blanket.
- Dragonheart shares well. If Merlin tries to sneak over and get some of Dragonheart's food while he's eating, Dragonheart has no problem with Merlin sharing the same plate and eating some of his food.
- Merlin is a troublemaker! He definitely gets into more things than Dragonheart did at Merlin's age.
- Merlin likes to "fish" in the garbage for "toys" to play with, despite the fact that he has more cat toys than he could possibly ever want (many of them are put away in a box, and we put some away and bring out "new" ones that were in the box every now and then, to give them some variety.) He also tries to get the toilet paper out of the package in the bathroom. He seems to get into everything!
- Merlin LOVES to purr. We call him "Purr Monster" or "Purr Meister" because he purrs so easily. At the lightest touch, he will start purring. Sometimes he will even start to purr if you just get close to him. We figure his purr is a way of "making up" for getting into trouble. It's hard to stay upset at him when he is purring away for you.
- Merlin is VERY squirmy. Much more so than Dragonheart was at his age. He does not like having his ears cleaned or his nails trimmed, and he does not enjoy being bathed. He is always wiggling and squirming to try to get away from you when you are doing one of those things. He has managed to scratch us when we are trying to clean his ears or trim his nails (we wrap him in a blanket or towel, but he still manages to get a paw or two free to scratch - that's how much he moves and squirms!)
- Merlin loves yogourt. When one of us is eating yogourt, he tries to stick his head into the container to eat some. We let him lick the yogourt lids, and we share some of the yogourt on a spoon for him.
- In contrast to Dragonheart, Merlin doesn't mind being carried. He'll happily purr in our arms and let us carry him around, unless he senses he's being taken to have a bath or unless we're picking him up to move him away from Dragonheart's food and back to his own food bowl.
- Merlin is teething, so he is chewing on absolutely everything! We've sprayed bitter apple on all of the exposed cords in the house so he doesn't destroy them or hurt himself. He has several kitten teething/chewing toys, but he also loves to chew cardboard. We have a couple of cardboard boxes in the family room and in the spare room (cat room) for the boys to play with, and Merlin also loves chewing them.
I think it is really funny.
I remember there was a video of Dragonheart kneading with purring, and that purring is so loud.
And I see Merlin is purring very easily~!
You really have a loudly purr band in your house~!!!!
Thems were great things to learn about you two boyz. Thanks for letting the beans write that one.
Sorry we don't get to visit often, mum catches up on whats happening with you at work and lets me know at home.
Oh they are so very different in character! I wonder what my kittens will be like? Will they all be so different, will they be naughty or good? One thing I know for sure they'll be very, very clean! Especially their ears... ;)
Oh poor Merlin getting your ears cleaned out like that! It's so tickly and humiliating! ;)
It is really interesting to learn some of the differences between you two!
That was interesting to discover your differences. When we were small kitties, we had a small cat tree, and when we were teething we used to bite the edge of it. Mum kept finding our baby teeth around the bottom of it.
Scylla gets in the toilet paper at our house and she loves to get the paper towels if Mommy leaves the roll turned out so she can jump up and snag them (without getting on the counter).
Sockie~Pooh only purrs when he is sitting in Mommy's lap.
And Charybdis is the energizer bunny.
We loved learning more about you Dragonheart and Merlin. ~The Cats
BabyBean hates getting her ears cleaned, maybe she'd let Dragonheart do it for her...;)
It's nice to see the differences between you two.I bet you provide your Mom & Dad with lots of entertainment. I like to climb up high,but never jump on Mom.Sounds like fun though,heehee
DH, I didn't know that you didn't like to be carried. It sounds like you are a great big brother. I think I might like to trade in EG and adopt you instead. :)
I am sorry that you have to be a Merlin-burrito when you get your claws trimmed, Merlin. I have to be a burrito, too, and it is not fun. I have learned that the less you squirm, the less time it takes.
It's good to hear that Merlin is growing up so well. He must know how very well-loved he is.
Sometimes the best toys are the ones you find for yourself!
Those were great answers and we learned a lot about both of you...
Thank you for sharing all these facts about yourselves!! We wonder if they will still be so different when Merlin grows up.
Dragonheart and Merlin have different personalities! Isn't it interesting how two of your kitty kids can be so totally different? Merlin sounds a lot like me . . . and Dragonheart sounds a bit like the terrible twins, with his dislike of being carried but LOVE of cuddles.
That was a very nice list, and another very nice list. Thank you for allowing your humans to share them with us.
P.S. We do not allow baths.
Thanks for sharing those cool things about Dragonheart and Merlin. They are both so cute! We have an Award for you two, please come by our Blog and pick it up!
Your FL furiends,
Both of you are so cool! We wish we could come visit you!
Dragonheart & Merlin, you are such good kitties to trust your humans with your blog. But they posted a very interesting T-13 about you.
Merlin, our Lucy LOVES to be carried around, in fact, she follows the humans and begs for it. And I'm with you; I hate having my ears cleaned. Since I have a chronic ear problem, it's a regular thing, followed by squirting toxic waste (medicine) into my ears :-(
Merlin sounds a lot like Maggie. They both love toilet paper. They love to purr. (Maggie will purr if she just hears me talking or if I say her name.) They are both kinda naughty, but are so cute they can get away with just about anything. And they both like to chew cardboard!
-Jasper McKitten-Cat's Mom
you've got a fun family! i'm glad the boys get along so well. it makes life easy(ier).
looking forward to lucy coming home today from her (ahem) 'ladygardenectomy'. she gets to spend part of her day with mom at work. all the people mom supervises will love all over lucy and she'll come home smelling EXTRA interesting!
Dragonheart & Merlin,
We love the changes you made to your blog but are you aware it is soooooo slow to load any more?
Cardboard is a popular chewing "toy" for dogs too.
jans funny farm
Merlin sounds a lot like Empress, she is a hand full and a purr machine now that she is not so scared all the time. You would think she was still a kitten they way she behaves. :) They would have fun playing together. ~queen Snickers
I really enjoyed reading the lists about you, Dragonheart and Merlin. I find it interesting that your personalities are so different.
mommy says that we was bof awful in the teething stage. we destroyed lots of things
Nice Thursday List! Come pick out something from my list!
That's very nice of you to share your blog with your humans.
Merlin must have very tasty ears! It's too bad you can't trim Merlin's nails for your Mom and Dad, too.
How nice of you guys to share your blog with your humans. Of course, they talked about you so no wonder you shared!
Those answers are really very funny. I love going through the garbage, so much so that mom has to put it on the back porch so I don't get into it. hee hee. Lucky & I think we would have lots of fun with merlin & Dragonheart.
Roxy & Lucky
Tag! we love reading about you so much we want to hear your dreams!
so we tagged you for the three dreams meme
It's always so interesting to hear what you two are up to. Purr Meister. Dat's so cute.
Good list. Fer Beins, annyways... :)
You boys are so very interesting as well as beautiful! And guess what, we like yogurt too! Momma has to share it with us whenever she eats it. Oh and canned asparagas too, we will beg for it. Weird, huh?!?
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon
Aaaaaw, it's so nice dat effun tho yoo guys is so different yoo get along so well!
Your cats are so sweet... I begun to like to have my own cat pets :D
Make Money Online Free
I love the separate lists, for very distinctive cats!
Post a Comment