Both of us, Dragonheart and Merlin, are Sphynx, and so we share many of the typical Sphynx characteristics. Of course, we are also individuals, each with our own unique personality. So for today, we thought we should share our similarities and differences with you.
#51 - Our Similarities and DifferencesBONUS: Of course, there are all the physical differences between us too. Dragonheart is a black and white tuxedo Sphynx, with green eyes. Merlin is a seal point and white Sphynx with blue eyes. Dragonheart is about twice Merlin's size, since he is almost full grown (18 months), whereas Merlin is still a growing kitten (17 weeks). But we are both very loving, friendly, active, cuddle bugs, very typical and excellent examples of the Sphynx breed (if we do say so ourselves!)
- Like most Sphynx, we both LOVE to cuddle. We love curling up in a human lap, or with each other.
- We both LOVE to purr. However, Merlin purrs at the slightest touch, or even when you just approach him. Dragonheart purrs easily, but you do have to earn his purrs, with pets, head rubs, or chin scritches.
- Speaking of head rubs, Dragonheart loves having his head rubbed, Merlin doesn't. We both love being pet, however.
- We both love to sleep under the covers, next to one of our humans, at night.
- Merlin is very squirmy; Dragonheart isn't. Although neither of us enjoys their weekly baths, or likes having our ears cleaned or our claws trimmed, Dragonheart will at least sit quietly and endure, whereas Merlin is constantly squirming while being taken care of. The same thing happens at the vet. Dragonheart will sit quietly and be a "good boy" whereas Merlin squirms.
- Like most Sphynx, both of us LOVE playing. We especially love wand toys and trackballs. Merlin will play with anything, though, while Dragonheart is more discriminating.
- Merlin likes to get into the garbage, and fish things out of the garbage to play with. Dragonheart generally leaves the garbage alone.
- Most Sphynx have a little bit of fur on their ears. Merlin, however, has naked ears! He only has a little bit of extremely short fur around the edges. (No, it's not from Dragonheart cleaning them - his ears were naked to start, and Dragonheart licks them on the inside, not the outside.) Dragonheart has fur on his ears, and he has even developed a line of "fluff" where the fur ends. We aren't sure whether the fluff is there because it's winter, or because Dragonheart is getting older (18 months) but we'll see when spring arrives! You can see the difference in our ears on the photos to the right. Merlin's ears are the photo just above; Dragonheart's are the ones to the right.
- We don't like to be apart. When we are placed in separate rooms, we stand at the door and meow.
- Merlin likes having his tummy rubbed, Dragonheart doesn't. Merlin's umbilicus (a cat's "belly button" essentially) is a lot less noticeable than Dragonheart's.
- We both love our water fountain, however, Dragonheart drinks from the top, where the water comes out, but Merlin drinks from the bowl.
- Sphynx have a fast metabolism that helps to keep us warm. Because of that fast metabolism, we burn a lot of calories, and so we both like to eat. Since Merlin is a growing kitten, he eats more.
- Merlin likes to eat more human foods than Dragonheart. The only human foods Dragonheart likes are salmon and tuna. Merlin likes those, along with animal crackers and yogourt.
Today is Miss Peach's Birthday! We would like to wish her a very Happy Birthday! Alles Gute zum Geburtstag! We hope you have a wonderful day, filled with joy and love, Miss Peach. :)