We think we should be allowed to go with them! So here are 13 reasons why we should be allowed to go to Egypt with our humans.
- The ancient Egyptians were among the first people to domesticate cats, so we want to see where it all started!
- The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats - we want to visit the place where people knew that we deserved to be worshipped!
- We want to see the ancient temples of Bast and Bastet, the cat goddess.
- We want to see all the cat mummies!
- The desert is one giant sandbox!
- We are Sphynx, so we want to see the Great Sphinx. (Note the difference in spelling. Sphynx are a breed of hairless cats. Sphinx are the statues with the body of a cat and the head of a human, common in ancient Egypt and ancient Greece.)
- We want to see some ancient Egyptian cat statues. The Sphynx breed was named by a cat show judge, who said that we reminded him of the cat statues he had seen in Egypt. So we want to see these statues that our breed was named after.
- Our humans won't be able to sleep at night without us curled up next to them.
- Our mom will be worried about us the whole time they are gone, and that's not healthy.
- We've never been on a plane before, and we think it would be a great adventure!
- Merlin has never been in a foreign country. (I, Dragonheart, went to Switzerland with my humans, so I've been outside of Germany.)
- We both love the sun, and there is lots of sun in Egypt!
- Although we will be sharing a large, private room in a luxury cat hotel, where we will be well looked after, we are going to miss our humans.